CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kaylee

29th April 2024, 16:32
Thanks Sybila, I hadn't considered that definition of red *facepalm*

That gives me a good idea of what the end bit of the top silvered entry must be but 8d is still escaping me
41 of 51  -   Report This Post

kaylee

29th April 2024, 16:37
Ooh, got it now! My entry for the 4 letter silvered clue was wrong (but the song was right!). Phew!

42 of 51  -   Report This Post

patgreg

29th April 2024, 19:45
Very late to the puzzle this week - found myself filling in silvers and blanks before I had half of the regular clues - quite good fun except I have ground to a halt on 1 down and 4 down - as usual didn't use pencil and with so many alterations can't quite see which letters should remain - help please - I want to be done with it !! Thanks in advance.
43 of 51  -   Report This Post

mattrom

29th April 2024, 21:35
Patgreg, 1&4d. both come from another country, but are in Chambers. 1d. is an anagram.
4d. is 'cruel', with an extra letter, + 2 single letter selections.
44 of 51  -   Report This Post

patgreg

29th April 2024, 21:47
Thanks Mattrom - I had confidently put my "money" where I thought it right - and ruined any chance of getting the proper solutions! Also I had made the mistake of staring at it for too long and not walking away ! Thanks again - all sorted now !
45 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

30th April 2024, 10:47
My objection to the third unclued thematic across is nothing to do with the crossword - which is very clever; thank you, Kruger. It is the gross historical inaccuracy of the thematic original: he didn’t, he fled the scene. It was La Rochelle where he did. Pedantic rant over!
46 of 51  -   Report This Post

thom

30th April 2024, 11:54
I have everything except 8D! Please, friends, a crumb of clue
47 of 51  -   Report This Post

thom

30th April 2024, 11:58
Oh it dawned on me mere seconds after posting that. is that a word really? Who knows, but it's going on.
48 of 51  -   Report This Post

slugabed

30th April 2024, 17:03
Hi Thom, well done, but I can"t get 8 down. Please can you help me? I get oart of the clue - the last 3 letters. Also, I have 6d as an anagram of 'one blue' with o as the extra letter, and the entry begining with n, hope I've got this rifht? LOL!
49 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

30th April 2024, 17:17
Slugabed, it may help get you there to say that the “characteristic sound” could be of a bird or a whale. Your 6d looks right; there should be an empty cell in the entry.
50 of 51  -   Report This Post